"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Another Goal Accomplished!

Ok, so this one was just outside of the window of my mission, but after I started looking more into CrossFit, one of the goals I made for myself was to be able to perform a "muscle up". This is almost a rite of passage in the CrossFit community. Well, last night, after my workout at the local affiliate, I was staring at the rings. Someone else was trying out muscle ups, so I thought I would give it a go.

I got set in the proper position, grabbed the rings, and violently pulled myself up and spread out the rings to my side. The next thing I knew, I was through the transition and pushing myself up to fully lockout the dip portion. I was shocked! I had just done my first muscle up! I stayed in that top position for a little while with a big goofy face.

A couple minutes later, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I tried it again and got another one!

If you don't know what a muscle up is, just check out this video:

4 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

Wow - that's impressive! Those muscle -ups looks crazy hard. There is a CrossFit affiliate near my Montclair home. Gonna check it out!

Otter Christy said...

Those muscle ups look so hard. Way to go. Glad to see you're still going strong.

Michael said...

Nice job on the muscle ups! That's tough stuff! Great job on your 1RM increases as well. Keep up the hard work!

Rob said...

Cool video.

B.J. Penn is awesome. Those muscle ups look rough too.

Rob