"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Current Stats and Pics, M2 over!

Well, I lost track of days and overshot my deadline by a little bit, but to be honest, my physique hasn't changed all that much in the last couple weeks as I've stopped my "bulk" diet.

The final numbers for my Mission 2 are as follows:

Weight: 143.3 (+8.1 from 135.2) lbs

BF pinches:
Suprailiac: 10 (+0 from 10 mm)
Chest: 7 (+0 from 7 mm)
Abdomen: 14 (+0 from 14 mm)
Thigh: 11 (+0 from 11 mm)

Bodyfat %:
AccuMeausure 1 site (suprailiac): 11.6% (+0 from 11.6%
Jackson/Pollock 3 site (chest/ab/thigh): 9.13% (+0 from 9.13%)
Avg: 10.4%

Fat Mass: 14.9 (+0.8 from 14.1 lbs)
Lean Mass: 128.4 (+7.3 from 121.1 lbs)

Tape Measure (in.):
Neck: 13.75 (+0.5 from 13.25)
Chest: 35 (+1.25 from 33.75)
L Bicep: 13 (+0.5 from 12.5)
R Bicep: 13 (+0.5 from 12.5)
L forearm: 11 (+0.25 from 10.75)
R forearm: 11 (+0.25 from 10.75)
Waist: 28.5 (-0.25 from 28.75)
Hips: 30.5 (+0.5 from 30)
Butt: 35 (+0 from 35)
L thigh: 20.5 (+0.25 from 20.25)
R thigh: 20.5 (+0.5 from 20)
L calf: 13.5 (+0 from 13.5)
R calf: 13.5 (+0 from 13.5)

I was actually surprised that my bf pinches came out to be EXACTLY the same as when I started. So I managed to put on about 8 lbs while maintaining the same bodyfat levels, which amounts to a little over 7 lbs of lean mass gain. I added to my neck, biceps, forearms, hips and thighs, while somehow simultaneously dropping 0.25in on my waist. Of course, some of this could be measurement error, but the engineer in me tells me that the overall trend indicates increases, so there must be some validity in them.

I think that I have to declare my M2 an overall success in that I continually saw strength gains and managed to increase my lean mass while keeping my bodyfat down. Eating clean foods and avoiding sugary processed foods has become such an everyday habit now that I don't even have to think about it. It's now just my new way of life. It really doesn't seem that hard anymore. I know my body and it's nutritional needs. I guess being good with numbers has helped me in that I've gotten really good at eyeballing and ballparking my meals.

I don't know if I'll make an official M3 at this point as I'm still re-evaluating what I want to do with this blog. For all of you out there still chasing your goals, Shred on!

Get your game face on!

Cheers,
Raiden


M2 Final

8 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Raiden, I would have to agree that M2 was a success for you. You photo shows great improvement in your arms, shoulders and lats. Well done!

Otter Christy said...

Congratulations, Raiden!!! You look fab, your body is well fueled with good food, and you're stronger and fitter than ever. Awesome job.

Joni said...

Great work on those stats! Bulking is so scary to me and you managed to do exactly what it is meant to do. The pics look great - will be checking in to see what the next mission will hold for you!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you did very well this round! congrats!

Anonymous said...

Raiden, I say you were successful in your M2. gaining 7lbs of lbm is awesome! and it shows! blogging is time consuming. but you are still putting in the effort so that is the important part that you can keep at it despite the lack of blogging. that is the goal...to keep doing it as part of your lifestyle and you are doing just that! keep it up!

Michael said...

Raiden, great job and congrats!

Anonymous said...

Raiden,
Where have you been. Get back into the game.

Anonymous said...

Raiden, was thinking about you and was wondering how you are doing!hope all is well with you!