"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day 150 - Strong enough? Big enough?

I did a lot of thinking today, and wondered if my current mission goals/plan aren't quite moving me towards my ultimate goals in the best way possible. I might just dive right into CrossFit. My strength and muscle gains might slow down, but every other aspect of my fitness should increase. We are making lifestyle changes, and CrossFit is a lifestyle that just seems like the perfect fit for me. As I mentioned, boredom is starting to settle in on my current program, and CrossFit is a different workout everyday, so it's always fresh and new.

I'm contemplating doing 2 more weeks of Stronglifts Beginner 5x5 setting up for a max effort at the end. Then I'll jump into the CrossFit workout of the day.

I can still eat my way to muscle gain, but it might be slower with CrossFit, but it should definitely be lean the way those workouts tax your entire system!

Did pushups training tonight instead of tomorrow morning. Didn't want to put it too close to my regular workout tomorrow which I have to move forward to the afternoon since my girlfriend and I have plans for the evening. They felt good and I'm sure I can bang out a bunch now. I actually did some "youtube" pushup standard searching for what constitutes a set, and the consensus seems to be that you are allowed to rest and crank out more, as long as you don't break your plank form i.e. no resting on knees or bending of the body or you know, collapsing in a heap. If you count that way, my goal is to crank out 65 with a max effort on Sunday night.

Get your game face on!

Cheers,
Raiden


M2 Day 32

4 comments:

Adam Waters said...

Hi Raiden, mate I can see definitely see big changes in your physique since you started this mission. You are putting on muscle while keeping bf down, which is not an easy feat. Sometimes it is hard to be objective about your progress but I can see it! But if CF is better for you then go for it!
Adam

Otter Christy said...

Howdy Raiden! You look great in your photos. Awesome! Cool that you're starting the CrossFit. Sounds like fun.

Unknown said...

Yeah, CF sounds very appealing to me, too. I've been thinking about just adding in some WODs to my routine a couple of times a week.

You're looking great!

Best,
Sunny

Raiden said...

Adam: I think I've surprised myself in how I've managed to keep the BF down. I don't think I've ever put on weight like this before!

Christy: Glad to hear from you again! I'm getting caught up in your otter blog right now (just realized otter blog sounds like "other blog" with a thick accent")

Sunny: Thanks for stopping by. The CrossFit WOD's look awesome, especially the MetCon (circuit style) ones. I checked out your blog and congrats on everything that you've accomplished so far. You've made a great transformation.