"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Day 156 - 3/4 Tabata Something Else

University gym was closed due to the snow storm, so I had to miss my scheduled strength workout. Decided to do an abbreviated "Tabata Something Else" without pull-ups within the comforts of the living room since it requires no equipment as our first CrossFit styled workout. "Tabata" is a specific type of high intensity interval training using a strict 20s/10s work/rest scheme. Each exercise was completed for 8 rounds with no rest between exercises. The official CrossFit "Tabata Something Else" calls for 8 rounds of pull ups before the push ups.

Pushups 21/17/15/14/10/8/8/7 = 100
Situps 8/11/11/12/10/10/9/7 = 78
Squats 18/18/18/17/17/17/16/18 = 139
Total: 317

This works out to an incredible amount of work done in only 12 minutes. I ran out of gas on the pushups due to working them hard last night I think. The squats felt pretty good until the last 2 rounds. My quads were burning by the end and I collapsed on the floor. Had to force myself to get up off the floor to stretch them out and walk it off! I can't imagine adding 8 rounds of pull ups ahead of that workout.

Oh, I thought I would throw in a comparison pic to show how much snow came in the last 24 hours.



It just keeps piling on. It almost makes me want to go out and do a Rocky training montage running in the knee deep snow.



Get your game face on!

Cheers,
Raiden


M2 Day 38

2 comments:

Michael said...

Raiden, looking good! Stay warm with all that snow around! Thanks for the comment today. I appreciated it more than you know.

Anonymous said...

i am getting tired of snow! sure glad we don't get snow like you all do! my snow workouts would pale in comparison. lol. you continue to look great. tabata training looks very interesting.