"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 161 - Oops

Well, it looks like I let the blogging slack off a bit. My workouts have stayed on schedule though, so I haven't missed out on any exercise yet, except for the last Wednesday weight session that was replaced with a CrossFit style workout.

My nutrition feels like its been a bit off, as Valentine's day added in an extra reward meal. My relaxed schedule on the weekend led to a few too many snacks. Healthy snacks, but a bit too much. I think my measurements show that I went a little bit past the gains that I was making before and ended up picking up a bit more fat. Overall though, I'm still satisfied with my progress, but I'm starting to feel like I might want to stop my bulk a little early. Oh, but a few more pounds of muscle won't hurt me :D

M2 Week 6: 2008-02-11 to 2008-02-18
Weight: 139.67 (+0.95)
Suprailiac: 10 mm -> 11.6% (no change)
Jackson/Pollock chest/ab/thigh: 7/15/11 -> 9.44% (+0.31)
Avg BF: 10.5% (+0.1%)
Lean Mass: 125.00 (+0.71)
Fat Mass: 14.67 (+0.24)

Get your game face on!

Cheers,
Raiden


M2 Day 43

2 comments:

Adam Waters said...

Great to see you back in action Raiden! Is CrossFit a total system of nutrition as well as training?

Raiden said...

There's no set CrossFit meal plan, but they do stress the importance of nutrition as the foundation of their program.

In the simplest terms, from their "World Class FItness in 100 words":
Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat.

They prescribe a combination of Zone/Paleo diets. Of course, not everybody that does CrossFit follows a strict Zone/Paleo diet, but they do claim that the top performers are Zone/Paleo followers and that most individuals will see an increase in their performance if they do so.

I know the Zone is mentioned in BFFM as coming down to another starvation diet, but minus the caloric intake recommendations, I think it is possible that someone could be following a "tweaked" BFFM and "tweaked" Zone/Paleo at the same time.The types of foods are essentially the same, just the ratio and amount are slightly different.

Their summary is here