"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day 101 - Last normal post before holidays

Don't be fooled by the title, my mission isn't over yet, but I will be starting my holidays tomorrow and will be on the road until after the new year. But have MacBook, will travel. I can plug in at my folks home until I leave on Boxing day. From there, I may not be able to plug in until New Year's, but we'll see.

Here's a picture of me using the Christy Commemerative Photo method. This is ME with my commemorative hockey goalie stick purchased on Sunday (Dec. 16) in celebration of having completed 95% of my mission goals. I have lost fat, improved my cardiovascular fitness, increased my strength and stamina, gained muscle mass, am eating healty, am fit and strong, and am confident in my capablitiy of returning to the ice to compete and excel in a competitive hockey game. The only thing left for me to do is shock my friends and relatives (should happen tomorrow!) and to play in the hockey game.

After my hockey game on Boxing Day is my "relaxed period" before I start up my second mission in the new year. Until then, I thought I would outline my exercise plans up to then. I've had an idea in my head what I'm going to do, but if I post it here, then I'll be more "accountable" to stick to it.

Friday 21 (tomorrow) - travel day, rest day
Saturday 22 - Strength/Weight training at my old gym in my old town
Sunday 23 - HIIT cardio and light weights
Monday 24 - Christmas Eve, rest day
Tuesday 25 - Christmas Day, rest day
Wednesday 26 - Boxing Day, milestone 1, hockey game day!
27-29 relaxed days, possibly some bodyweight squats and push-ups, but nothing extreme
30 - Strength/Weight training at hotel in city I'm celebrating new year's with friends
Dec 31 - Jan 2 - New Years celebrations (relaxed days)

Sometime after Jan 2 I'll start my 2nd mission. More details when the time comes!

I'd like to write more, but yes, busy, busy busy. For those that I haven't gotten around to commenting on, don't worry, I've been reading everybody's blogs! I'm sure I'll have more time to comment soon. I gotta go finish wrapping some presents now though, so the wrong people don't see them too early!

Get your game face on!
Raiden




2 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

Enjoy your holidays! Can't wait to hear how your family reacts to the "new you."

Otter Christy said...

Awesome photo! Of course a hockey goalie stick. What an awesome commemorative gift. I'm totally linking to this photo in my blog tonight. You look so happy. You've really accomplished what you've set out to do! I can't wait to follow in your footsteps. (with the accomplishing being strong and healthy not necessarily the hockey :) ) It'll be so cool to read about you in the game the day after Christmas. I've been a little down lately, but I clicked on your blog and saw that photo and now I'm smiling and typing. I'll toast your commemorative hockey photo with a glass of water.]This is SO cool.