"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Day 103 - Feeling Nostalgic

Today I returned to where it all began for me. I went back to the gym where I first started to do weight training years ago. It's been about 3.5 years since I last worked out there. They've since added some new equipment and got rid of some of the old. A nice improvement overall. The nicest addition in my opinion was a world-class rowing machine, the concept 2, which is used by olympic rowers and is the recommended rowing machine for CrossFit. I had to try it out and I must say that rowing is quite possibly one of the best overall workouts you can do. I did 3x500m sprints on it and I was totally wiped by the end of it, even though that only took me a little over 10 min.

It was kind of nice to go back there and work out again. I even saw some familiar faces, people that I used to see work out a lot when I was going regularly years ago.

Well, I don't have the camera that I've been using (my gf claimed dibbs on it while she visits her family), so I'm relying on the webcam in my MacBook. Thought I'd have fun with the background feature of Photo Booth since my little cousins have been playing with it and having fun with it.

Anyway, I would just like to take this time to say thanks for all the holiday wishes that all the Shredders have been throwing out, and I'd just like to throw mine into the mix. Hope everyone is having fun enjoying good company and relaxing, while still staying healthy and merry!

Cheers!
Raiden




1 comment:

Mike Groom said...

Hey Raiden, today's photos look great. They show up some definition that your normal ones don't.

Cheers, Mike