"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Day 104 - Snowdio

Hi folks. Just a quick post to say that I don't have much time to post other than to admit I didn't get my scheduled cardio session in at the gym today. I did however, spend an hour and a half outside in the snow with my nephew making snowballs, punching and karate chopping the snow, throwing snowballs at trees, shoveling snow, running in snow, jumping in snow, doing pushups in snow, doing squats in snow, and I even did a bunch of chin-ups and pull-ups on my old jungle gym that is still set up in the yard. So it wasn't the regular old HIIT workout that I scheduled, but I sure worked up a sweat. I also already have sore legs and shoulders, which might be from yesterday's workout, but the snow playing workout was pretty good too.

Also, even with all the holiday goodies around, I still managed 5 clean meals today...although the 6th meal was definitely a cheat! It was a nice piece of homemade apple pie and a gingerbread cookie! Oh well, 'tis the season. At least it was only a 1/8th size peice of pie and only one cookie.

Happy Holidays,
Raiden

Day 104

11 comments:

Otter Christy said...

Snowdio! Nice turn of phrase, or rather word. I take all my blurry blog photos on my MacBook. I have the cheaper one (which was still pricey but worth it). I gotta see if I have those nifty settings. Great work on the pie and cookie. You'll skate it all of in the big game the day after Christmas anyway. I wish you could get a shot of the sign in lights advertising the game. I can't help it. I love publicity of any kind. When I read about the advertising in the paper, I got all giddy. I always intend to cut that stuff out, but I don't and lose it. But if you did, I think it would be cool to scan it and put it in your blog. I'll link to it like I did to your commemorative photo today. Maybe somebody can take a photo of you in the hockey gear for the game, like with their cell phone or something so we can all see. No pressure though. Just a thought.

Merry Christmas! Get your game face for the BIG GAME!

Michael said...

Raiden, yet another thing we have in common--ice hockey! Good luck in the big game!

Adam Waters said...

Love the macbook pics! Merry Christmas Raiden, you have transformed mate, and I think 2008 is gonna be a big year for you man.
Cheers,
Adam

Otter Christy said...

Merry Christmas, Raiden! Knock 'em dead tomorrow. Much peace, love, and happiness to you and your family this season and for the upcoming year.
Love,
Christy

Otter Christy said...

Happy New Year! Hope your hockey game and time with your family is going great.

Joni said...

Hey just checking in to say Hi since I've been out of it for a few weeks. Glad to see you are still reaching your goals no matter what. Hope you have a happy new year and I'll talk with you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Raiden ... Snowdio ... fantastic! I often think that we need to find ways to make cardio as fun as possible so Snowdio sounds like one great way :) Perhaps we should start a list of all the fun ways to do cario ... how about Surfio for those of us who like to hang 10 ? Rod

Jemi9OD said...

Hi Raiden - Happy New Year man :)

Your post made me think of the days when I was a wee little boy - I grew up in Wisconsin and we had LOTS of snow to play with. My brother and I used to dig tunnels through the snow in the backyard - lots of fun :)

Hope you're doing well and that the New Year is a GREAT one!

James

Anonymous said...

raiden, hope all is well with you. Happy new year! how did the game go? you have made a great transformation. hope to see you back soon.

Mike Groom said...

Hey Raiden, hope all is well. Just wanted to comment on these latest photos. Your looking great! You are starting to show some real definition now that you have hit low bf%. Good work!

Otter Christy said...

Hey there, Raiden! Where are you? Your team probably carried you off on their shoulders and you're partying up from your victory. :)

Just stopping in. If you get a chance, a quick post about the game? Dude, its like you ended the season with a cliff-hanger and then the shows been cancelled. You can't do that to a girl. You know I'm just joking. Hope all is well!