"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Monday, December 17, 2007

Day 98 - Shoveling/Weights Morning/Evening Split

With the snowstorm that hit us hard yesterday and continued on through the night, I started the morning bright and early with a shoveling and ice scraping workout. Even after my "pre-shoveling" last night, there was still a fair amount of snow on the car. There was also a nice layer of ice encasing the car as towards the tail end of the storm, a bit of rain fell and then quickly froze. I'm not usually a morning workout person, but this got my heart rate up and kept me alert for the rest of the day.

However, I think the extra energy expended this morning made my scheduled evening session a little lighter. I passed on the cardio tonight, but still managed to get all my weights in, just in the nick of time before they booted us out of the weight room, as an exam was about to start.

Also, today is my weekly fat pinching day, so here's this weeks updated stats:

Week 14: 2007-12-10 to 2007-12-17
Weight: 134.66 (-0.33)
BF: 20.80 (-0.16)
Suprailiac: 10 mm (11.6%)
Jackson/Pollock chest/ab/thigh: 8/13/12 (9.44%)

Here's where you can find the rest of my weekly stats.

My weight still hasn't switched modes yet, as it is still going down, although much slower. My body fat is still going down, which is good, but I think the muscle mass gains are too small at this point to be noticeabley measureable. I do feel stronger and my muscles feel a lot firmer when they're flexed. I might still be having a hard time shoveling enough calories into my body. It's a lot harder to get all those calories when you aren't pigging out on sugary fatty foods.

I'll probably have no problem getting enough calories over the break, but for now, I'm still concentrating on eating clean.

I still haven't solved my image editing problem as I didn't have much time today to try and fix it. So, instead of struggling with it, here's today's pics:

Day 98

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Raiden ... your pics are showing some amazing progress my friend. You can definitely see your body fat is down and your muscle mass is up. Keep up the great work :) Rod

Otter Christy said...

I agree with Rod. I was just noticing your arms especially (even though this isn't the gun show). You're not even flexing and it's so easy to see. Way cool. Wow! It's winter. I've read two snow shoveling posts today. I'm wearing shorts. Being in the Philippines does have its advantages.

Mike Groom said...

Raiden you are looking absolutely amazing. Hopefully you are not concentrating on losing any more bodyfat. If I were at your stage I'd be seriously looking at eating and gaining some size.

Raiden said...

Rod, when I first started dropping fat fast, I didn't recognize myself when I looked in the mirror. Now I don't recognize myself when I look at my before pic! It's crazy the changes that are possible.

Christy, sssshhh, I am flexing! Don't tell anyone! I realized if I want to actually follow my muscle development, it's easier if I flex them. If I wore shorts outside right now, I'd be in the hospital 30 min. later with severe frostbite.

Mike, thanks for stopping by and commenting. You're right, I'm not concerned about the bodyfat anymore. I am eating more and going for size now, but my primary focus is strength and conditioning, so it's not an all out bulk in the traditional sense. I'm trying to keep my cardio up as well, but eating enough calories that the cardio doesn't put me into a deficit. It's a slow process right now to put on lean mass, but I'm happy with how things are going in the strength and conditioning portion.

Otter Christy said...

You're funny. I won't tell if you won't. :)