"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Day 85 - Snowed in!

Well, the snow continued to fall last night and for most of today. We got totally hammered and pretty much everything was shut down all around the city. That also meant that my gym was closed down. Boo-urns I say, Boo-urns! This meant that I had to improvise on my workout today. I am not so well equipped in my humble apartment, but I did some resistance band work and some stability ball exercises. Not close to a full workout, but better than nothing I guess. I really wish I had some free weights and a bench. You can do quite a bit with just those. I might look into getting the Bowflex select-tech set which are close to $500, but I don't know if I really have the money to spend on those, especially when my gym is essentially free. I mean, it's not like it gets snowed in every week, so 500 bucks is a lot to spend just for those rare occassions when it snows a ton.

Believe it or not, even with almost a foot of snow on the ground, I was running around doing other things, so I didn't quite have time to sit down and focus on making my video. I could put up the quick and dirty version, but I'd rather wait a bit.

Oh, just thought I would add, I found out today that the "pick-up" hockey game I'm planning to play in on Boxing Day has now become a charity game in memory of a former arena employee who died of suddenly of cancer a couple years ago. All proceeds will be going to the Cancer Society. They're also looking into getting it filmed for the local community channel. Talk about added pressure now! There could potentially be a lot of people coming out to watch this game, including a lot of old town folk who used to watch me back in high school. I definitely gotta up my conditioning now! After I found out about this, I told my girlfriend and then she proceeded to practice "shooting" on me by throwing balls at me from point blank. I think my reflexes and hand-eye co-ordination are still there, but we'll see.

Anyway, here's today's pics:

Day 85

2 comments:

Bec said...

Huge difference in your shape. Keep it up.
Bec

Raiden said...

Thanks Bec, I'm trying hard to stay motivated!