"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Day 94 - Entering the ShredderSphere

Today marks the first day of daily accountability through the ShredderSphere on Adam Waters' Real Time Physique Blog.

My current mission began back on Sept. 10. I've been blogging and posting pictures (almost) daily since Day 52 after I had seen the camaraderie grow among the original Shredder Council. I upped the ante so to say, to include public accountability as part of my mission and have also enjoyed the benefits of the camaraderie from other original Shredder Council members.

Although today is Day 1 of the ShredderSphere accountability phase, I will stay true to my original plans and goals for my current mission, which will end on Dec. 26 when I make my return to the ice for the first time in over 3 years and play in a charity hockey game with many of my old teammates from High School. I reached my fat loss goals early, and am currently following StrongLifts 5x5 strength training program w/ 2-3 additional cardio sessions per week, with strength gains (with some muscle mass) and cardiovascular fitness as my primary goals to be in peak condition for my hockey game.

After this, I will be taking a short break to rest after what will then be over a hundred days (107 to be exact!) of hard training and enjoy the rest of the holiday season with friends and family.

I will then begin a new mission shortly after the new year that will coincide with the remainder of the ShredderSphere timeline. I'll outline those goals more when the time comes, but in short, it will be more strength training, followed by an intense 4-5 week cutting period to trim my body fat even more using a similar self devised program that I followed for my original fat loss stage. The difference will be the inclusion of more compound lifts as well as working on technique for the power lifts, such as the power clean, clean & jerk, and snatches.

So for me, daily accountability trudges on. For others, it starts now. But whether you've already been practicing daily accountability, just starting, or restarting looking for that extra push, we're all in this together. Shred on!

Get your game face on!
Raiden

P.S. I also thought it would be nice to commemorate this occasion by celebrating with a bit of graphic work w/ my pics since I was doing some image work at "work" work today for a paper I'm writing and it got me in the mood to do some more. I've included a "ShredderSphere" comparison front pic to follow my progress over the next 100 days, but I want to keep my Mission 1 comparison pics because, well, I'm just so damn proud of them so far, and as I mentioned, my mission 1 isn't over yet.




4 comments:

Adam Waters said...

I love your attention to detail Raiden, you have made awesome progress so far and I look forward to shredding along side you. BTW, you definitely look like you've got your game face on!
Shred on,
Adam

Jemi9OD said...

Nice work, Raiden! I think you've come so far already, you'll definitely be ready for your game! I also look forward to hearing about your next mission!

Otter Christy said...

How awesome for you to play hockey again on your team and for charity. If you can post photos in your blog that would be great. Having read your speedbump posts (which I highly recommend to anybody reading these comments), I almost get weepy thinking about it. So cool. I totally KNEW you were a writer. I knew it, knew it, knew it. And in full disclosure since you've outed yourself as a writer despite being a hardcore number guy (hehe), I was captain of the math team in middle school and went to Science Camp. Numbers and science ARE highly creative. I've even done my own cost per sheet types of TP anaylis at the grocery store. I'm just to sensitive to be my own experiment. lol

Your photos look FANTASTIC. Your progress and those cool buttons, too. Hot shorts!

Raiden said...

Adam, glad my "attention to detail" is noticeable. I always put it on my resumes!

james, I'm already excited about the next mission, but gotta stay focused on this one so I don't get too far off track!

Christy, I am the product of my mother's English teaching background and my father's life as a research scientist. I like to write about science! I was once in a Science Olympics competition, and our team cleaned house!