"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 120 - Rest to grow

I've decided to make Mission 2 purely a mass gaining phase. Well, I'll simply be focusing on strength and conditioning, but my nutrition and rest periods will be structured to allow for mass gains. This means caloric surplus, and more rest.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I may be a hard-gainer in disguise. Putting on muscle is a slow process and my tendancies in the past of doing more cardio than weights may have hindered any muscle gains I've tried to make. Working out only 3 times a week almost seems lazy to me now, but most of the info out there points to this frequency for maximal muscle gains. Before Christmas, when I increased my calorie intake, I was still working out at least 4-5 times a week and wasn't able to put on any weight.

Yes, I still believe in simply being strong for one's size and have no intentions of becoming a hulk, but I do think my frame will allow for a bit more muscle mass without sacrificing other aspects of my athleticism.

Basically, what I'm getting at is that today was a rest day for me. I sure needed it too! After two weeks of not being in the gym, I've got a large case of muscle soreness! Good to know I'm shocking my body and working it hard.

Anyway, apologies to all of you out there who thought I may have disappeared earlier, but as I stated yesterday, I'm back and on track, and on a new mission!

Get your game face on!

Cheers,
Raiden


M2 Day 2

1 comment:

Otter Christy said...

Welcome back!! Glad to see you. I've heard rave reviews of your amazing push-up prowess. But, for some reason my connection isn't letting past 57 seconds, and it's been loading for quite a long time. So I'll be back for that. Glad to hear the game went well and you had a great holiday. Rest is GOOD. I fully support rest. :)