"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Friday, January 25, 2008

Day 137 - Maximum Effort

Today was probably the hardest I worked out in the gym in a long time. On my current program, the goal is to increase the weight on all exercises each and every time I go in. I'm almost at the point where I've worked my way up from using an empty bar concentrating on form, to putting in a maximum effort and nearing failure on all my exercises. I was able to finish my prescribed reps for all of my exercises, except for my last set of weighted pull-ups. This might have to do with a slightly more intense warm-up. I usually only do a cardio warm-up on a machine, but today I tried a modified "CrossFit" warm-up. 3 sets of 10 reps of squats (instead of broomstick overhead squats), sit-ups, back extensions, push-ups (instead of pull-ups, which I do later), and dips. Now I know what they mean when they say, "Your work-out is our warm-up".

I think next week I might incorporate the "flip" method, where I invert the order that I do my exercises in. So, instead of ending with my weighted chin-ups or pull-ups, I'll start my workout with them. I think this will help me push my weights up another notch.

Get your game face on!

Cheers,
Raiden


M2 Day 19

1 comment:

KaliLilla.com said...

Raiden, your body is changing right before our eyes!

I'm curious about stronglifts - when you start, you don't chose weights for failure on each set 5 x 5?

How did you up your calories %wise per macro? Do you eat differently on workout days vs. non-workout days?

Thanks! You look great!