"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Day 125 - Old Friends, Old Habits

Well, I certainly enjoyed myself this weekend, but as I get back around to reading the shredder blogs, I'm starting to feel guilty. Yesterday I had a nice surprise and found out that a couple of my best friends who recently moved to California were in town for one night, and one night only. We had a lot of fun last night with them and other old friends from school. The bunch of us have been friends since our first days of University, which for a few of us is closing in on being 8 years ago. So what happens when old university friends get together? Eating out, lots of junk food, lots of beer, and very little sleep.

Of course, I had no regrest about enjoying mself, but I still feel like I have a responsibility to the rest of the shredders. I don't think I am as committed to an all out transformation, being 95% or greater compliant with a strict plan as many of you other shredders are at the moment. I've already made the biggest change, and I'm not that far away from my ideal body. I am confident that I possess the knowledge and ability to make small changes with as little as say 80% compliancy, and I know that I'm not going to allow myself to stray as far off the path as I have in the past.

So to the rest of you out there still shredding hard, I applaud you.

I think the 3-4 rest days/wk required for solid muscle gains is bumming me out. I want to do more. But less is more... Really looking forward to hitting the gym tomorrow hard, definitely going to up the intensity. I mean, today's photos really look like I had a rough night last night...I tried testing my push-ups today and I just had no energy. On top of that, my muscles were still sore from Friday's workout, and I only managed to push out 40 before I got tired. So it was LESS than last week!

This only means one thing, it's time to...
Get my game face on!

Cheers,
Raiden


M2 Day 7

4 comments:

Adam Waters said...

Hi Raiden, I know how you feel with gaining weight! I still have a "mental problem" with eating more and training less, and it can be easy to go overboard. I think the key is to keep setting challenging goals to overcome the built in inertia.
Adam

Debbie said...

Raiden, chalk it up to a fun time with friends and move on!

Loved your pushup video the other day.

Debbie

Mike Groom said...

It doesn't hurt to have a bad day here and there. As long as you get straight back on it, you'll find it's more emotional rather than physical.

Raiden said...

Adam, my goals are challenging, but I think I need to continue to focus on my PRW to stay motivated.

Debbie and Mike, I really did just count it as a my "free and fun" day, and the special appearance of my friends made it an extra special occassion. Normally I wouldn't have felt one bit guilty about it, especially when I was going hard the other 6 days in the week, but only working out 3x/week feels like you're building up less credit for those rewards! I might just have to start a checklist point scoring system like the others to reinforce that nutrition and everything else is just as important as the workouts.