"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Day 131 - Light Change Up

Saturday's are normally a rest day for me, but my workouts this week were one day behind due to my gym being closed for the snowstorm we had on Monday. I thought I might get to the gym today to do my normal Friday workout, but Saturday is a real errand running day for my gf and I, and we just didn't get around to doing everything we had on our "to do" list. I decided that I'll get back on schedule on Monday, resting again tomorrow.

I figured I could get in a mini-workout today at home. Just enough to stress my muscles and get the heart rate up for a bit. I did supersets of push-ups, "Hindu" squats, and crunches. Basically I went hard, fast and intense for 15 min or so. It was enough to get me out of breath, and enough to already feel a bit of muscle soreness, so I think it was a decent "active" rest day. I think it was just enough to pump my system so it doesn't hit rock bottom before I hit the weights hard again on Monday.

This was on top of the deadlifts/squats I did earlier in the day as we bought a tv entertainment stand. The box is probably close to 75 lbs I would guess, and awkwardly shaped. I had to carry, set down, lift, then carry this heavy awkard box through each door between the store and my apartment. I think it's something that before would have been easy for me to injure myself doing. But the good thing about squats and deadlifts is that they translate into real world motions, and real world strength.

Get your game face on!

Cheers,
Raiden


M2 Day 13

1 comment:

Mike Groom said...

good work on getting back that lost workout. If you are like me, I hate missing a workout.