"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Friday, January 18, 2008

Day 130 - Quick Post

Just a quick post today to put my picture up. Things are going great and last nights workout left me good and exhausted again, so I spent the day resting and concentrating on eating clean. I even tried out the BFFM pancakes after seeing Lilla's video. It really isn't much different from what I have for breakfast normally though. I usually have a bowl of oatmeal with chocolate protein powder, and a piece of fruit (bananna, orange or berries).

I decided to make mine with a bananna instead of apples, since bananas are my "recovery" fruit that I like to have post workout and now am having for 1st breakfast the day after a workout. To be honest, they came out a little bland for me, so I think next time I might have to succumb and put in some splenda or go with an all fruit jam on top. The chunks of banana are good, but the plain oats portion of it was lacking. Here's how they turned out:



Looks like I might have had the pan a little too hot! Here's hoping the next batch is better!

Get your game face on!

Cheers,
Raiden


M2 Day 12

2 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

Splenda or fruit jam would be great! Definitely, alter it to your taste. In my second batch, I used blueberries and a dash of stevia. I even put a pat of butter melted on top. yum...

Raiden said...

Ah! Stevia! I've been looking for a good source around here to get it. Not much luck so far. Blueberries are great. Lots of blueberry fields around where I live, but a little cold right now. Harvest season is probably a good 6 months away before I can get fresh local.