"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Friday, November 2, 2007

Day 52 - Workout

I've got a fair bit of back story to go, but I figured there's enough of it that it will all come out eventually. Until then, I'm going to amble on with my daily updates.

You may be wondering why the title of this post is Day 52 when clearly this is only the second post total of this blog. Well, I decided to embark on my fat loss journey when I first stumbled upon Adam Waters' "84 Days in 48 seconds" video on YouTube when I was searching for time lapse videos for ideas for my own time lapse video.



Well, I have yet to publish the short that I made, but maybe I'll put it up now that I'm going public. I was actually really looking for videos more like this one:



What surprised me the most about Adam's video was how much his "before" picture looked a lot like my then current physique. For the past few years, I think I had kidded myself into thinking I wasn't that much out shape. Well, Adam's before and after pics really showed just what was possible and how far I could go if I really consciously made an effort.

I mulled over it for a while until I finally made the decision to start my mission to "Return to Form" on September 11. I didn't mean to pick 9/11, its really just a strange and almost morbid coincidence. At first I didn't really think I needed or wanted to take my mission public. At first the only person who knew was my girlfriend, but that's because we live together and I tell her everything. We even went out and bought the scale together!

Anyway, I'm rambling...I have a tendency to do so. Back on topic...Day 52 is where I am at now. I'll get pics up soon, hopefully tomorrow.

Today's workout was my upper back, chest, and triceps day. For my HIIT I was back on the Arc Trainer for my 30 min. session. I think this might be the last week on level 5. Next week I'm going to push it up to level 6 on my non-leg workout days and see how it goes. Today was also the first time I tried taking my post-workout meal immediately after I finished. This took extra planning to take my shake and banana with me to the gym. The bottle I put my shake in has a piece that you can take out and freeze, so as I was holding it on the way home, my hands were getting pretty cold! It's been getting close to freezing temps here now, and it's only going to get colder!

Tomorrow, being Saturday, is my rest day, so I'm hoping I get time to put up some pics and tell the tale of my first speedbump that started to slow me down back in the Ol' Glory Days.

No comments: