"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Day 71 - Where'd my pillow go?

I feel sorry for my girlfriend. I've taken her pillow away. When we watch tv on the couch together, sometimes she lays her head in my lap. Well, before I had a nice little cushion for her, all that extra padding I had. Lately she's been joking with me and when she lays her head down she'll ask me, "Where'd my pillow go?". I guess my stomach is getting hard now because she's started putting a real pillow in my lap and then laying her head down. I feel sorry that I've taken her pillow away, but I'm proud that I've gotten rid of my pillow.

Ok, I'm being selfish now, I'm thinking about how funny it will be when I finally carve out that six pack and my stomach is all bumpy! Speaking of which, today was an ab day, so I guess that's what inspired me to write about that little anecdote. I tried a couple different ab exercises. I think I can stick with my girlfriend's ab workout one day of the week, and my ab workout the other. They're essentially the same exercises, but doing them slightly different. One exercise each for upper abs, lower abs, and obliques.

I also had to settle for a regular elliptical today for my HIIT. My ArcTrainer was taken again! I don't know why it's so popular now. Maybe everybody sees me using it and seeing how well I've progressed over the last couple months and they think it is some magical machine. Yeah, that's gotta be it...I think I still lift the least amount of weight out of any of the other guys at the gym, but at least I have better form than most of them. What's up with all the cheater's? Almost nobody does bicep curls with proper form. It's kind of funny when you watch the real big cheaters. It ends up showing in their physique. They end up with these big solid cores, but never build up their biceps. Anyway, I'm rambling now, I'll save the form discussion for another day.

Is it just me or does an ab workout make you extra hungry? My metabolism must be super stoked because I've already ate my 6 meals today, my last one I just finished an hour ago, and I've already got the hunger pangs. This is quite unusual for me as a lot of the time I have to almost force my 6th meal on myself. Either that or my supper didn't agree with me. I might be getting mixed signals, but it sure feels like hunger to me. I guess a bedtime snack of cottage cheese wouldn't hurt :D

Anyway, here are today's pics:
Day 71


No comments: