"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Friday, November 9, 2007

Day 59 - I Love Fridays

I love Fridays, well, minus the work related stuff I got dumped on me today. Something I wasn't planning on starting for another couple weeks has had its deadline pushed up and I need to finish it by next Wednesday. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get it done though, so I'm not really worried about it.

Today started off with a killer workout. I love Fridays because I know that since Saturday is my rest day, I can really push it. I altered my workout a bit today since I had some extra time so that I did a 10 min. warm-up of steady state cardio before I did my weight session. Once I finished my weights, I then went for an all out 30 min. HIIT session and man, did I really empty the tank on that one. It felt great. I was able to keep pushing right up to the end as I told myself in my head, "Push now, don't stop, rest tomorrow".

My usual workout is 30 min. HIIT followed by 35-40 min. of weights, but lately I think that my weights have been suffering since I wipe myself out on the HIIT. It generally is better to do your cardio after your strength training, but my gym is fairly busy and you have to reserve your cardio for 30 min slots, and that's the most you can reserve. I never like to lift weights cold, so I have to get about 10 min. warmup in first. But normally its hard to get a free machine just for 10 min. Today was an exception though, so I was lucky.

But the reason I love Fridays even more is that I know I get to spend the whole weekend with my girlfriend and neither one of us is working.

Some more catch up pics:
Day 12


Day 13


and today's pics:
Day 59


Get your game face on!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello brother in shaping up!
Look at you!
You look fantastic!
Terrific changes man!
I Salute you with great respect!

Otter Christy said...

Have a great weekend! Looking good.

Raiden said...

Thanks guys, it feels great when I know your compliments are sincere. I'm glad to tag along on your journeys as well.