"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Monday, November 19, 2007

Day 69 - Biking aftermath, weekly stats

Well, today I felt the aftermath of yesterday's HIIT bike workout, since today was my leg day for weights. My quads were definitely lacking a bit of energy, but I was able to squeeze out all my reps for my planned exercises. I was pretty sure my quads were going to lock up by the end of my last set on lunges though. Luckily I didn't end up on the gym floor. I had some extra time since I finished my planned workout before my girlfriend was done, so I snuck in a couple extra leg exercises on the pulley machine.

Today is also Monday, which also means it's time to post my weekly stats.

Week 10: 2007-11-12 to 2007-11-19
Weight: 137.59 (-0.93)
BF: 21.93 (-0.39)
Suprailiac: 11 mm (11.6%)
Jackson/Pollock chest/ab/thigh: 8/17/16 (11.87%)

and today's pics:

Day 69


2 comments:

Otter Christy said...

Hey, Raiden, you're doing so great! Despite the fact that I'm not a numbers person, I must admit it is more a fun read your stats and quantifiable progress! :) I even see it in your pics. Congratulations!

I love the way you really embrace the fun in your workouts. I also enjoy your diction. As a writer, (please ignore the state of my atrophied grammar skills,) I like your diction.

Strong verb usage

"squeeze out all my reps"
"quads were gonna lock up"
"snuck in a couple"

in such a short post. Bravo! Did you know that about you? Do you get a lot of compliments? Do you think it's way too weird that I noticed?

:)

I like the way your mind works. My guess is you were in the gifted program, too. I would have KILLED to have been your lab partner when we had to build that bridge out of just toothpicks.

P.S. Thanks for a really thoughtful reply to my post. I replied in my comments section.

Raiden said...

Christy, thanks for all your wonderful comments. Most Engineers get railed on for having poor writing skills, and then brush it off as simply that they don't need to write well, as long as the math works out. Too be honest, I didn't quite know what you meant by "diction", having not had an English lesson in nearly 8 years.

I do pride myself in that (for an Engineer) I can at least spell decently most of the time and am able to put sentences together in a way that they won't sound too boring or formulaic, and actually make sense.

So, yes, that was my first compliment on my "diction", and no, that isn't too weird that you noticed. That's just how you think, the same way that I would sit in the grocery store and analyze all the different toilet paper products to figure out the best deal according to the cost per sheet-ply. On a side note, they actually make it quite difficult for someone to do this in their head because a "double roll" doesn't have quite 2x the number of sheets, and large packages aren't even multiples of the smaller packages, and then you have to factor in whether or not it's single, double, or triple ply. So believe it or not, sometimes the smaller packages are the best buy. Most people just grab what's on sale...

I think the biggest thing with my writing is that I tend to ramble and go off topic quite easily...

Oh, the next time you get that toothpick bridge, just make a lot of equilateral triangles, and make those triangles connect to form other triangles.