"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Day 80 - First Real Low Day

Well, today was certainly different. It was the first day since I started my task that I had a real low day. I mean, I was totally wiped, had no energy and really had to drag myself to the gym. Every day before, I had been bursting with energy and anxiously awaited for my partner in crime to get home so we could go both shred away. Today was the first day that she was all pumped to go before me. It took me an extra half hour of lying on the couch before I was ready to go.

When I got to the gym, I really felt like the tanks were empty. I had almost no gas to do my warmup, but I did manage to get through my weights. I took a bit extra in between sets toward the end, and had to lower my weights on my last chest exercise. In the past couple weeks, I've usually gone for a bit more cardio after my weights, but this time, I had to pass.

I'm now at day 80 and nearing the end of 12 weeks of pretty much exercising 6 days a week. I know in BFFM they recommended to take a break every 12 weeks or so. I'm kind of still committed to seeing things through until the Christmas break. I have my scheduled rest day on Saturday. I'm still going to try and get my workout in tomorrow, but if I'm really low energy again, I may have to re-evaluate and maybe take a week off. Or maybe it was just an off day and I just need to get some better sleep tonight and eat a little better tomorrow (my meals were a little off today).

Here's today's pics:
Day 80

2 comments:

Adam Waters said...

Hi Raiden, I know how you feel mate, some days are tougher than others. How's your nutrition and caloric intake? Are you re-feeding?
Adam Waters

Raiden said...

Thanks for the comment Adam! I think it's your first one on my blog, so it's an hounour :D

I actually am not doing carb cycling as I mentioned before since I'm going on a mini-bulk soon for strengthening and endurance rather than fat loss. I was aiming for maintenance calories this week. I think my energy level was more a result of lack of sleep. As far as nutrition, I hit my maintenance calorie level or even went above a little, but my ratio of fat content was a little more than I wanted it to be (still good fat though, coming from nuts and seeds). I was also a little off by having my pre-workout meal a little closer to my workout time than it usually is, which meant it wasn't digested enough.