"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Day 68 - HIIT'in up the bike

Today my beloved ArcTrainer was in use at the gym. This almost never happens...Even though there's only one ArcTrainer, and about 6 or 7 of all the other machines, almost nobody seems to like it. I like it because it has an interval setting of 30 sec/60 sec, which I find a good ratio for me to work my butt off on.

So today, I gave the bike a try for my HIIT workout. I like this better than the treadmill, well, mostly because the treadmill wrecks my back, and I don't have to fiddle with buttons to up the speed. I was able to set a a single resistance level and do my 30s/60s intervals of high speed/low speed. I did however, end up with a sore butt from sitting on the darn thing. It didn't quite seem as good an overall workout as the ArcTrainer and ellipticals give me, but I sure felt it in my quads. I had to stretch them extra afterwards. Speaking of stretching, my side split is starting to come back. I still got a ways to go, but I'm seeing improvement already in my range of motion.

I then went through my gf's ab workout that she does, and I must say, I'm cursing by the end of it. I'll build up those abs soon, you just wait and see!

Day 68


1 comment:

Otter Christy said...

I totally can relate to the butt hurting bike thing, but not to the split thing. Wow. A split coming back. I've never had one. Even when I was super little and tried every day almost. That's pretty cool of you and guys aren't usually as flexible. Anyway, glad to see you're shredding hard. Cool goal to shock friends and family at Christmas with your fitness. Neat. (I usually did w/ an inappropriate boyfriend when I was younger anyhow.) But I can see where your way would lead to way more fun talk at dinner. lol

Thanks for saying nice things on my blog and the solidarity symbol in having some peanut butter.

My Internet is totally screwed up, so I"m glad I was able to get to your blog.

You're doing so awesome. Lilla started a shredder forum. There's a link on Suzette's blog. If you wanted to check it out.