"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Monday, November 26, 2007

Day 77 - Something doesn't add up! It's not Day 76!

Well, I realized today that I'm one off on my day count. I missed counting a day somewhere back around day 35 when I was taking pictures. You'd think with my obsession with numbers that I would have caught onto this earlier. I should have realized my weekly stat posts weren't a multiple of 7. I guess I just thought it was an off by one error, which happens in computer programming, especially when your index starts with 0. Anyway, enough geek talk.

Today was my first high carb day, and I was aiming for eating maintenance calories, which according to my own calculations I have worked out to be around 2700, since I've been mostly aiming for 2200 a day and losing an average of 1 lb a week lately. To be honest, it seemed like a lot of food for me today, but hopefully I'll have a nice store of glycogen in my muscles now. I gave my legs a good workout, and they felt much better since I didn't do my HIIT on the bike like last week. I did however hit the bike for some post weight steady state cardio.

Tonight for supper I had a new food. My girlfriend and I tried making quinoa for the first time. In my healthy food searching I stumbled upon it and thought I'd give it a try. I picked up just a sampling from our local bulk food store and made it in my rice cooker. It's supposedly a real super food as it's a seed that is used like a grain, with a higher protein content than wheat or rice, with a well-rounded amino acid profile. It tasted pretty pretty good and was a nice change from rice or potatoes. It's a bit expensive though for a starchy staple, coming in at about $10/kg, especially compared to my big bags of rice. It's worth a try though. I think I'll get some more and try it in some mixed dishes instead of just eating it on its own.

Without further adieu, here's my weekly stats:

Week 11: 2007-11-19 to 2007-11-26
Weight: 136.36 (-1.23)
BF: 21.43 (-0.50)
Suprailiac: 11 mm (11.6%)
Jackson/Pollock chest/ab/thigh: 8/16/14 (10.96%)

and my daily pics:

Day 77

2 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

I love quinoa!

Are you sure about your bodyfat %? Seems awfully high to me.

Raiden said...

Well, I'm pretty sure the BF number I get off the BIA scale is higher than my actual. I've covered it in one of my other posts. Basically, I just use it as an additional measuring device, I'm not concerned about the magnitude of the number, just if it is dropping or not. I know a few tricks to get it to be consistent, even though it's inaccurately high.

If you read the other measurements, my AccuMeasure gives me a reading of ~11.6% and 3 site test gives me ~10.96%, which I think (hopefully) is closer to my actual.