"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." - Vince Lombardi

Monday, November 5, 2007

Day 55 - Killer legs

Today was a good day, I managed to reach a new high for reps on all my leg exercises and I think I'll be ready to up my weights next week. I'm almost running out of weight on the leg press machine at our gym. One of my mini-goals that I'm aiming for is to be able to press the entire stack on the machine. Then I think I'll be confident enough to move on to squats using a barbell. I could really feel it in my quads today as well as my abs, which I gave a good push. Actually, everything felt stronger. I think I'm going to feel it tomorrow though. I barely had anything left when I left the gym. My plan is just a cardio session tomorrow, so I should still have plenty of energy.

Nutrition was pretty good today. I emptied my first container of protein powder. It was just a little one with only 11 servings though. I experimented with having a fruit smoothie protein shake for my afternoon meal instead of my usual tuna/chicken/turkey/salmon salad since my girlfriend was making one for herself. She doesn't like the taste of the protein powder though (Vanilla) in her smoothie, so I have to add mine after. The smoothie seemed to do a good job and didn't weigh me down at the gym. I'm not sure if I want to make it a regular part of my nutrition plan though as it brings my veggie intake down for the day (less fibre, more sugar). I also want to eat as much real food as possible since its easier to stick with that in the long run.

Well, here's a couple more days of catch up pics and todays pics.

Day 4


Day 5


Day 55


I figured I needed some fancy tagline, some sort of motto to keep me focused and in the right mindset like Adam's Eat Clean, Shred Hard, Think Big. To go back to the Ol' Glory Days, I'll steal a line from my old hockey coach from when he'd go around the dressing room and try to focus our attention on the game we were about to play rather than, well, let's just say normal boys dressing room chatter. During this time he got us to stop talking and think about the game, what we were going to do, what we needed to do, and to visualize us doing it. I made so many crazy stops, sliding pad stops, diving glove saves in those 5 minutes that there was no way a single puck was going past me. If you were to look around the dressing room during this time, you would see nothing but faces filled with looks of focus, determination, and confidence. This steely eyed stare was called the Game Face.

So, until next time,

Get your game face on!

No comments: